Tuesday, 28 April 2009

The night before!

Hmmm I really should pack everything into my backpack but I keep thinking there is laods of time!!when really there isn't, however fear not it will get done as we all know Parv's likes living life in the fast lane. Maybe it's because I know I won't be able to sleep tonight, hence it will control my nerves by staying awake all night - see i knew there was a reason for my madness!

As for my project I will be based in Ngaramtoni. Ngaramtoni is a rural town about 30 minutes from Arusha set at the base of Mount Meru.It is rural and hilly area. At Hope business project in Ngaramtoni I will be working part-time on the chicken and milling project, they are trying to set this up as income generation and help rollout funding for women living on poverty to start small businesses. There is also a group of business people in Kwa Iddi (about 10 minutes in the bus from Ngaramtoni) - they need business training particularly re marketing and spotting business opportunities.Another area which I will focus on will be the FAWE (Faraja Women's Empowerment)in Arusha (this would be 2 bus rides away, about 45 minutes) on helping them fundraise - lots of potential for great projects education an income generation however just no money to do it. This is what i have discussed for now, the rest will be discussed in detail upon arrival....so here goes!

My last sleep (or night at home!) x

No comments:

Post a Comment